mailGate, based on Open Standards, is a low cost but high value email Server/Gateway solution for companies of any size. It’s the ideal solution for Internet / Intranet mailing and works on Dial-up, DSL, ISDN, Leased Lines. The system provides for multiple mailboxes and instant distribution over a single Modem/Internet Connection and Internet
Based on Open Standards-
- mailGATE is based on SMTP/POP3 protocol ensuring compatibility with all mail clients.
- Works as an SMTP gateway for other propriety email servers.
Support for External Mail and Internal Mail-
- Emails can come in from the external Internet and email can go out from the internal network.
Auto or On-demand dialing-
- The server can automatically dial up/connect to the Internet and download/upload emails in one shot. Also it can disconnect from the Internet when there is no pending email. This saves a lot on phone/bandwidth bills and the hassle of manual dialing.
Ease of Use-
- Mail can be retrieved from the server using standard protocols (POP3/IMAP) and popular email clients like Netscape Messenger, Eudora, Pine, etc. The users can use their favorite email clients. Practically no special training is required to get started.
- Users can remotely create/delete mailboxes using mailGATE's IMAP support. This feature enables them to segregate their email messages into multiple folders and sub-folders on the server itself.
- mailGATE supports unlimited messages and can be as large as the storage capacity of the server.
Unlimited Internal Users-
- mailGATE can support virtually unlimited number of users on a single server. No additional client licenses are required for adding an user or an email ID. Also with our optional web site support ( see our webHOST module) you can have unlimited external Internet email accounts without having to pay anything extra (see below in optional section)
Email box sharing-
- Share one external POP3/IMAP Mail account among many internal accounts/ mailboxes.
- mailGATE can get email from any number of POP3 accounts on more than one external email servers into one mailbox. Specially helpful for role accounts.
- mailGATE is highly secure so that none other than the Administrator (and that too with the root password) can access it.
- mailGATE authenticates users before allowing them to send / receive mail through the server. While sending mail you can set an additional layer of security by specifying which user computers can send mail.
- Allows Text and/or Binary file(s) to be attached with an email message sent or received. This helps users send word, excel, pdf, etc documents via email.